Thursday, 6 December 2012

Supply Run

Hey, folks. Welcome back! With NaNoWriMo over and done with, I’m very much looking forward to taking the month to decompress and get myself back in the Hey, Internet! mindset. This month, we’ll have periodic ramp-up content and a video version of my statement of intent from a couple of months ago as I try to drum up a little bit more interest in the site.

Today, though, I’ve been out to the shops and I thought I’d share some of the supplies that I picked up for the coming months:

Supply Run

Look at that pile of writerly paraphernalia. Makes me feel good just looking at it. It’s all pretty straight forward stuff, especially if you remember some of what I wrote a couple of months ago in my Creative Process article—a couple of pen refills, a new thumb drive, note cards, a set of slim and nicely portable moleskins, and (and here we enter the realm of things that make me feel ninety years old when I buy them) a 2013 day-planner.

So, really, this is mostly stuff that I’ll be using during the development stage. I’ll run most of my notes in the moleskins, which I went with because I like the quality of the paper and the construction and I’m hard on a notebook so that counts for a lot. The cards I’ll use during plotting as I get ready to really start writing, and the day-planner is for, I don’t know, planning my day I guess? It seemed like a good idea at the time. I’ll figure something out. The pen refills are hopefully self-evident, and the thumb drive is there to accommodate my obsessive need to back up files.

All pretty clean and tidy, and now I’m set on notecards for the next two or three years probably.

-Sean

*  *  *

Okay. That’s it for today, folks. I wanted to get something out and up to show that I’m still in this thing, so I apologize if this post seems a little anemic. If any of you have questions or comments, please feel free to throw them up here. Also, if you have anyone who you think might be interested in this project…please do not hesitate to share the link. It’s much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment