Thursday, 28 February 2013

Day Fifty-Nine: 9,575 Words

449 words on two pages.

There’s very little to say about this batch. While the Trash City shuttle crew works, Dow tries to stay out of their way and reviews some case information. It’s mostly an info-dump that I suspect will get rolled into some other scenes further down the line. 

A lot of this early stuff will probably get shifted or cut, if we’re to be honest. Just for the sake of getting Dow to the plot faster. For now, though, I’m content to work through all of these longer, somewhat unnecessary opening chapters so that I can more thoroughly establish a tone and sense of how I want to talk about the world. If I play with it and nail it now, in material that will be trimmed away later, then there’s less chance of inconsistency in the later chapters that really matter.


-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment