Friday, 22 February 2013

Day Fifty-Three: 6,099 Words

579 words today, across the better part of three pages. It felt like more than it was because there was a lot of dialogue filling page space. That’s kind of disappointing at the end of a day’s work, but what are you gonna do?

We’ve arrived at Trash City, finally, and Dow has been disarmed and fully committed to his mission. It feels good to be at this point, especially since I spent some of that space building up the tremendously dysfunctional relationship between him and Kinneman and it was a ton of fun. I also did this (and rewrote yesterday’s) stretch in the first person, giving me about 1,200 words in that format, and it works so much better for me. I’ll give it another couple of days to see if my opinion stays the same, but, yeah…I think this is a first person novel now.

 

-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment