Monday, 4 February 2013

Day Thirty-Five: Skip Week

Well, I told you that it was coming, readers. After a month of hard work and preparation, I’m finally ready to write. I’m not going to, though, because I’m taking the week off from A Body Up the Well.

The reason for this is pretty simple: I don’t want to burn myself out. I’ve been living pretty closely with this for a good while now, and I want to make sure that when I sit down and type out the word “Prologue” next Monday, that I’m going to be coming to it fresh and happy to return to work. So this week is going to be about decompression and getting my house all in order so that there’s nothing to surprise me as I write. Making sure that I can be the best that I can and not run out of energy right at the start.

None of this means that there won’t be content this week, though. In addition to working out some advertising to drum up a wider readership, I’ll be putting up short essays on writing and the writer’s life for the remainder of the week. I’d also very much like to do a sort of mailbag article where I answer your questions about writing and this project. If you’d like to contribute to that, please leave your question in the comments, or send it to the project email address.

Thanks for reading, folks. Just bear with me a little longer, and we’ll reach the main event.

 

-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment