Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Where We Stand

I don’t have a whole lot to say tonight. Partly I’ve spent today dealing with some truly dreadful weather, and it hasn’t been conducive to writing. Mostly, though, I want to spend a little bit more time on a more substantial post for Friday…So I guess I’ll keep this short.

Writing has begun again, in case you hadn’t heard. (It’s okay if you hadn’t. Really.) I’m currently five pages into the new manuscript, and 1,246 words. I’ve finished a brand new prologue and have jumped straight into Chapter One with all good expectations to wrap it up tomorrow. It’s good. It’s exciting. The opening to Chapter One drags a little bit, but so far I like it.

So far, this is mostly ground that I’ve covered in the past. I’ll talk more about it on Friday, but I’m really trying to come at this fresh and avoid copy/pasting parts of the old manuscript into this one. So far, I’ve kept myself to that and I’m happy with it.

Exhausted now. Back with more later.

 

-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment