Friday, 20 December 2013

Always to be Working. Never For Stop.

In Soviet Russia, yadda yadda ya…

So, it’s been a little while since I last posted, and with the holiday approaching I wanted to stop in to let you guys know that I’m making progress here and not just ignoring you.

The big news is that my classes are done for the semester. I’ve submitted all of my paperwork and sent my students on their way with their grades, for good or ill. And with school out for, well, Winter, I can afford to devote a lot more time to this project for the next month or so.

Which brings me to my next point: What I’ve been working on here. In addition to the chapter that I posted last time, I’ve been doing a few more test chunks. I still really like where this draft is going, and I’m really looking forward to getting going on it. To that end, I’ve been working on a new outline for the novel. One that’s a little more complete and balanced than anything that I’ve done so far in my various drafts. It’s a little moodier, a little darker, and it piles on more action and suspense and double-crossing without (I think) compromising the plot or characters.

I’m very excited about it, which is more than I’ve been able to say about this story in months. I should also, hopefully, have that outline completed by the end of the night.

So, look for some more information on that, and some more regular posting for the immediate future. I’m also going to try and start posting some more and different types of content. Some things to get me back to this site’s original mandate of being more about the writing process and the writer’s life than it is about the book being written.

Ha. Yeah. Promises, promises.

Until next time, Internet.

 

-Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment